Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yesterday Was The Big Concert Day! /Six Word Saturday







(click on the button above and Cate will tell you how to link your Six Words post)



Yesterday Was The Big Concert Day!

I had previously posted that my hubby got us tickets to the George Strait and Reba concert for Valentine's Day...well the concert was last night here in Wichita in our new Intrust Arena. We are not concert people and so we were a little bit nervous about the crowd, and the parking, and finding the location of our seats,...and if the weather was going to allow us to get there etc. But all our worries were in vain...and we did just fine. (Today it is raining ice...so I am thankful that was not the case last night).

We ordered the tickets online and we had no idea how to do that and we were nervous because it was a timed proceedure and the seats sell out quickly...but we managed to aquire two tickets. Little did we know they would be third row from the top in the nosebleed section! It was so steep climbing up that I actually got butterflies in my tummy. Ha! (I don't do well with heights) Thank goodness for the huge screens that showed us who was performing, because they looked one inch tall from where we sat! (:>)

We were soon caught up in the excitement and did enjoy every minute of it though...and we are glad that we got to go. My favorite song that George sang was: I Saw God Today. LeeAnn's: I Hope You Dance. Reba's: The Greatest Man I Never Knew.

When we bought the tickets we didn't even know that LeeAnn Womack was singing too, because it was just billed as George Strait and Reba...so that was an added bonus. All three are such good entertainers. Oh,...and Melissa Peterman from Reba's TV show (And The Singing Bee), made an appearance and she was quite funny. She and Reba make a good little comedy team. They goofed around while Reba sang the show's theme song: I'm A Survivor.

The show started at 7PM and went till about 11:30 and we got home about midnight. Quite a night out for this older couple...and I might add that it was way past my bedtime!

23 comments:

Holly said...

I bet it was a great concert! We don't go very often but my hubby and I love to go see Christian artists. Casting Crowns and Tenth Avenue North will be in Dayton April 1 and I would love to go but the tickets are a little prcey.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was an awesome concert!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Happy 6ws!

Kristin said...

How fun!! I'm glad you ended up having a good time. That is a long concert! We have thought so many times about getting tickets to the Houston rodeo/concerts for the girls, but it's so expensive and we would have to sit high up and I'm not sure if they would enjoy it. Maybe next year when they're a little older, we will try to go. We took them to an Astros game last year and they were excited for about 10 minutes and then when the snacks were gone, they were bored. LOL! It was still fun though!

Mandy said...

Oh what fun! I'm glad you had fun...always neat to have new experiences, especially as a couple.

Olivia said...

Sounds like fun! I'm not sure I could stay up--we joke that I turn into a pumpkin around 10:30, but that sounds like it might be worth the risk!

John (@bookdreamer) said...

looked fun!

Veronica said...

The concert sounded awesome! Fernando and I got to go to a concert when Audrey was small and we had a nice time! We also ordered our tickets online and didn't realize it until we got to the concert how bad our seats were too! I enjoyed the experience of it though and that made it worth it!

I hope that you're having a great day today despite the weather over there! Thanks so much for all your sweet comments. The one you left this week especially touched me and I had to read it to Fernando!

Love you,
Ver

He & Me + 3 said...

Those are three great artists. I am sure that show was the best. I love all of them and I love those songs too. What a great time!

Kathy said...

I'm glad you and hubby enjoyed the concert. That was a great concert lineup--and a long one! My last concert was The Wiggles--with my granddaughter! LOL Of course, I enjoyed them since I knew all of their songs...Blessings, Kathy

Verna said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I adore Reba! She's so talented and seems so sweet and down to earth.
I'm sure that was a fantastic concert!

Manuela

Call Me Cate said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I've definitely been in the nosebleeds and depending on the event, it's not that important. There's so much energy just being in the arena!

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good time after all. I think it's cute that you and Dad decided to venture out to a concert. Getting brave in your old age, you are. :)

Hope you're doing well.
Love you.
Nettie

Kristi Maloney said...

I found you through Friday Follow - visiting from Moms Own Words. Stop by soon! Have a great weekend!

Kristi

Shelley said...

Beautiful blog! Visiting from "Friday Follow"...I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit me!

Have a great weekend!
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

Michelle Faith said...

Happy friday follow, I'm a new follower!
Stop buy blissful babble soon :)
Gods blessings on your weekend

Unknown said...

Following on google friend connect from Friday follow. :)
Nice post and gorgeous blog!

(yes, she's a little envious, newbie blogger ;)

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

That's a great combination of musicians! I'm a few follower from FF, you can find me blogging here: http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/

Cher said...

Hi! Now following you! Happy Follow Friday! I would love a follow back and make sure you check out all my fabulous giveaways!

Mandi Miller said...

Sounds like a really great concert! I love George Strait and Reba!!
I'm following from Friday Follow!
www.capitolheightsmom.blogspot.com

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

Sounds like a good show!

new follower (late from FF).

Misadventures Of Mom of 3

Darcy said...

sounds fun!

I am a new follower from FF.

justanightowl.com

Cakeblast said...

Sounds like you had a blast!

I'm a new follower from Friday Follow (even though it's Saturday). Have a great weekend :) http://cakeblast.com