Monday, August 30, 2010

Draw Near To God



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



(*God's soft call to you...Draw Near!)

Draw Near To God

Draw near to God...get close today
Just bow your head and start to pray...
*Draw Near!

Don't worry 'bout what others see
Just bow to God on bended knee...
*Draw Near!

The Bible says that all will bow
Before the Lord...so start right now...
*Draw Near!

Don't wait to bow before His throne
When judgment comes you'll stand alone...
*Draw Near!

Bow today with humble heart
Avoid His wrath right from the start...
*Draw Near!

He died for you and all your sin
Accept His pardon...enter in...
*Draw Near!

Receive His sacrifice and peace
And all your fears you can release...
*Draw Near!

And then when you draw near to Him
Just let your love and praise begin...
*Draw Near!

You can believe..His word is true
Draw near to Him...He's there for you...
*Draw Near!

(*God's soft call to you...Draw Near!)

By Linda Hogeland

16 comments:

Aspiemom said...

I don't know how you write these poems, Linda. I never could write poems and when my son has a poetry unit in English, we are both lost. (But when I read your poems I understand them & his classes aren't like that!)

Kristin said...

Another beautiful and so true poem! Love you!!! (and your poems!) :)

Stephanie said...

Such a beautiful way to remind us of such a simple truth. Thank you SO much for sharing!

Deanna said...

Linda,
God bless you and may you have a sweet week!

You have pinned a wonderful poem.
When will your book come out? Very sweet poem.

Linda, thank you for the prayers. I so much appreciate them. I go under the knife September 9th. I get a little nervous from time to time. Praying for a healthy recovery.

Enjoying your wonderful poetry.
d

Linda said...

Oh me too Deanna...praying to God on your behalf for an easy procedure and a quick recovery! You are in Good Hands...the Lord is totally in control...and He loves you very much.

Thanks for your encouraging faith ...and for all the beauty you share here in blogland.

Someday when I have a zillion poems I might put a book together of my favorites...but I usually just write them when they come to my mind and speak to my heart.

I'm glad they speak to your heart too.

Love ya,
Linda

Caroline said...

What a beautiful poem as all of yours are. I love it so true. You are always so uplifting. I'm so glad I met you on here.

Love ya
Caroline

Debbie Petras said...

What a beautiful poem with an important message for us all. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Debbie

vera said...

Beautiful, and I needed this reminder - thank you!

Olivia said...

Re: cheeseburger pie--I think it would work without the egg, though the pie crust might need something else to help it stick together. Or you could leave out the milk as well and just use the cheese as a topping.

Jenilee said...

just beautiful... I love reading your poems!

Unknown said...

Oh, I liked that! Beautiful poem!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Yvonne Blake said...

I needed this today, Linda.

BTW - I have something for you on my blog. http://polliwogpages.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunshine-award.html

Savannah said...

Beautiful. I love your blog. You are invited to check out my blog.

Karin said...

That was truly a beautiful poem Linda! Thanks!

Jon said...

God seems to send you gifts in the most unexpected of ways, stumbling on to your blog today is one of those gifts. This poem spoke to me in a special way at this early point in my walk with God. If you are interested in reading about it please visit http://samsbigbibleblog.blogspot.com/
Sam.