Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Quiet Day At Home Alone









A Quiet Day At Home Alone



A quiet day at home alone can be a blessing rare

To eat or drink, and sit and think, while resting in my chair


To ponder on the days gone by… or what is yet to be

To hide God’s word inside my heart and set my burdens free


To pray out loud to God above and sing till heart’s content

To bake a cake and ice it too, and wonder where it went


To write a story and a poem and put it on my blog

Check facebook… and email too, and bathe till water logged


I left the dishes in the sink and called a friend to talk

And didn’t dry or curl my hair or go out for a walk


When I was young and kids were here I couldn’t waste the day

But now they’re gone and I am old and taking time to play


I played today while I was home alone and it was fun

Do you ever get the chance to slow down from your run?


I think we all need time alone to rest, or think and pray

I sure enjoyed my quiet time at home alone today!


By Linda Hogeland


14 comments:

Verna said...

I love those quiet days too, but somehow when I decide to have them at home Paco (the bird) seems to think that is the day he should remind me constantly that he is a pretty boy and loves me. (Who oh who taught him to whistle Dashing thru the snow?)

We all need to play more and spend time alone with God.

Aspiemom said...

Great poem. It's good to have a quiet day sometimes. We often get so busy with everything that we miss the things we experience when we are quiet. (Doesn't sound like Lynnette had a quiet day! lol)

Unknown said...

Great poem! I totally agree! It is nice, but rare right now in these parts to have a day alone, but when I get free/alone time I am doing all that you do, too!

Caroline said...

So beautiful and I love quiet time but I never get a lot of it !! One day I will when the kids are grown and gone.

Have a great day !!

Caroline

Jenilee said...

sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!!

Lola said...

Hi again!

My 64U:
Great way to spend the day!

Have a good Six Word Saturday,

LOLA:)

FANCY A CANNIBAL MEAL THIS WEEKEND?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great. I want one.

Unknown said...

I love quiet days! Now that school is back in session, I am getting those days. We were in a serious car accident Monday (8/23) and I didn't have that test I was supposed to take! I've been enjoying quiet time so I can heal!

Kathy said...

Linda, I love your poem! Quiet days at home alone are the BEST! It's one of our perks of being older :) Have a great weekend!

Olivia said...

Beautiful and so true! Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give for a quiet day at home...alone...oh bliss.

Karin said...

I've enjoyed your poem so much! Recently I wrote the comment that the peace and quiet that I wished for when all the kids were still at home, is here now and I find some days are just too quiet and peaceful. Be careful what you wish for, lol! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

My sentiments exactly! Actually, yesterday I didn't go anywhere, or put make up on. I downloaded photos off memory cards from our trip to southern Ore. Alot of photos to wade thru and look at and share eventually on my blog. Right now it's quiet and am loving it! Hugs and thanks for the inspiration!! Have a good week in the Lord.

Call Me Cate said...

Quiet moments are important for sure. We all spend so much time running around that it's good to occasionally just chill out.

Thanks for playing 6WS!