Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Plans May Fail..But God's Plans Are Perfect!

I had "planned" to do more blogging...but with Christmas coming, and a few things going on in our family right now, I just don't seem to be blogging much at all.  I seem to never accomplish most of my "plans" anyway.

That's ok though...because I know that God is at work in our lives, and His "plans" are always best!  I was thinking this morning, about how life can change in a moment's time, and nothing seems to be in our control.  It just reminded me that I need to worry less and trust Him more.

I really do trust God with my life...how about you?  Even when things are happening that we don't understand, He is always faithful!  Our God is always present...and always loving us!  Christmas is a good reminder to us of just how very much God does love us!  John 3:16:  For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life!

Eternal life with the Lord sounds pretty wonderful to me!



Accepting the Lord Jesus into our lives is the best thing we could ever do!  He is so powerful, and so strong, that we need not fear our future...or our day to day troubles and issues.  He is there for us, and all we need to do is ask Him to help us through.  In our weakness...His strength is made known. 

The baby Jesus grew up and became the sinless sacrifice for all who would place their faith and trust in Him.  Jesus died in our place on the cross at Calvary, and was buried, and rose again on the third day, to gain victory over death and hell for us..  Men always make their "plans" and they mean well...but most of us fail and fall short.  Many of our "plans" never amount to much...but God's "plans" for us are much better.

Jeremiah 29:11 says.  For I know the "plans" I have for you saith the Lord..."plans" to prosper you, and not to harm you..."plans" to give you a future and a hope. 

My hope is in the Lord who made heaven and earth!  How about you?  Where is your hope ?  What are your "plans" for today, tomorrow...and forever?  Why not let Him work His will in your life.

 Ephesians 2:8-9 says: For by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the "gift" of God... Not of works, lest any man should boast.  Jesus is the best gift this Christmas! 

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

Beautifully written Linda.
So true - life without Jesus is no life at all.

Life is hard, I can't imagine this journey without the Lord.

So thankful I don't need too !

Blessings

BARBIE said...

I've missed your posts, but certainly understand the busyness of the season and how "life" can get in the way. We are walking through some hard places right now with my husband's unemployment. We know that God is good. We are leaning into Him. May you find peace and rest for your soul and my His love abound in your life and in the lives of those you love!

Linda said...

Maryellen and Barbie...you two are so faithful to visit my blog. Thank you both!

Love, Linda

The Clay Trowel said...

Thank you Linda for your sweet comment! I'm right with you on the above post (: hope to "see" you around. Merry Christmas!