Friday, November 16, 2012

Our Fun Trip To Branson Missouri!

From my last post most of you could tell I was feeling a bit low, and not feeling much like blogging.  I just want to thank each of you for the encouraging comments and the love you sent my way.  You are all awesome!

John and I needed a little time away, so we went to Branson, Missouri for five days, and we had a great time.  We had been trying to get there since last spring...but there was always too much going on to prevent us from getting away on a trip.

A picture of us from last Spring


We went to Silver Dollar City, since we have season passes.  I loved being there for the Christmas shows and festivities.



 It's a Wonderful Life!



A Christmas Carol

The Christmas Carol is a favorite of many!




Click Here

I loved all of the lights and the Christmas decorations, the parade...and the lighting of the huge Christmas Tree!  AND we saw a couple of great shows.  They had "It's a Wonderful Life!"...and "A Christmas Carol."
And my favotite show was at The Sight and Sound Theater in Branson, where we saw the musical production  of "Joseph"...and it was Spectacular!!!! 

Sight and Sound Theater


 I love the statue of the Lion and the Lamb outside of the Theater!




You have got to go see Joseph...it is so good!









It takes us about 6 hours to drive to Branson...(we make a few stops along the way)...so it isn't too bad of a trip.  I left my camera at home, so I got these pictures online.

We also saw a show called..."A Christmas Snow"...and it was on a much smaller scale...but really good too.
If you are needing a little getaway...I think Branson, Missouri is the place to go!  We had a lovely time.  They have lots of good places to eat...and lots of great shopping too.  It is a great getaway for families!


Our Fun Trip To Branson Missouri...
So these are my "Six Words" for my Saturday post, but I had to post it a day early ...why not join in the fun and link up with your post tomorrow.  Just click on the button below and Cate will have a linky there for you.

 


21 comments:

Jeanie said...

I haven't been to Branson in many years and I know it has changed a lot since I was there. I would love to go back sometime. It looks like you had a great get-away.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away and go to Branson. I've not gone there but have been to Carthage and seen the Precious Moments chapel twice. Beautiful at Christmas time. It's alot further for me...lol! I would be sick if I didn't take my camera on a trip...hahaha! Have a good day!

Janet Rose said...

How wonderful to get away and see such wonderful performances! I have never wanted to go to Branson until now! Blessings to you!
Hugs,
Janet

Mlissabeth said...

I hope you feel better now after being able to get away on your trip. I looks like you had a wonderful time!

Maryellen said...

Oh Linda what a wonderful time and a needed break.
I loved Branson when we went there. We had a wonderful time.
Got to see Andy Williams which means even more that he passed.

I saw Joseph in Lancaster Sight and Sound. I thought it was wonderful - I loved the music.

I am so jealous you can get to Branson in 6 hours. LOL

We had to fly to Atlanta then another flight to Branson. Not real easy to get there from NJ hah

Thanks for sharing - so glad it was wonderful !

Karin said...

Wow I'm so happy for you - to get a break and be refreshed is awesome! Good for you! God bless!

Deanna said...

Dear Linda, Enjoy seeing what you are up to and this Branson visit seems like a fun stay! You lucky lady!

I hope we can go there sometime and see the sights. So glad you shared your trip.

Seeing some shows would be delightful.

What time of year is your favorite?

May you have a super Thanksgiving and God bless,
d

Unknown said...

Linda I am so glad you were able to get away and recharge your batteries..... definitely a needed pleasure.

restlessjo said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, Linda. Happy for you.

retired not tired said...

branson is on our bucket list. When I need a pick me up I will put on a Christmas movie. "It's a wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol" are 2 of my favouites. Glad you feel better.

Glenda Mills said...

I've been to Sight and Sound in Lancaster, Pa...and saw Joseph...this year I saw Johah...Never been to Branson...thanks for sharing pics ..glad you enjoyed your trip.
Blessings,
Glenda
www.glendamills.com

Jan said...

Wow.... these shows etc on this far out from Christmas. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Dana said...

Looks like a great time! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get there someday. :)

Alyson said...

glad you had such a great time - it looks quite an amazing place!

Hilary said...

sounds wonderful! so glad you had such a great time!

American Home said...

We are headed there tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I've always wanted to go there. It looks like such fun!

BARBIE said...

I am so thankful you and hubby were able to get away and enjoy some fabulous time together! So nice to see "you"!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely time you must have had!

Lady In Read said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful experience.. i would love to visit Branson too now..

Becca said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time together in Branson! Looks like it would be a great experience!