Friday, October 1, 2010

Five Question Friday!



Hey, this is a fun blog hop to help us all get to know each other a little better. Why not join in today?


Rules for Five Question Friday: Have fun!! That's most important...but, you'll need to copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then watch for the linky to appear Friday morning!


1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?

I seem to remember having a pen pal through school when I was very young...but it never came to much. But...I loved to write letters to my mom's family in Texas when I was young. Every time she would sit down to write them I would write them too, and when they wrote back there would always be a note for me inside mom's envelope. I think that was the beginning of my love of writing and interfacing with people. Now my writing outlet is my blog...and facebook.

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

I would be a buyer/decorator. I love shopping for pretty things and finding just the right objects to place in a room. If money were no object it would be so much fun to start from scratch and create beautiful home decor for clients. (I am an HGTV addict...I watch all the decorating shows!)

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

My mom lost her right arm in a car accident before I was born, and I always had a fear that I could be in an accident and lose my arm. I am still nervous in cars, and have to pray a lot when I am on busy freeways. But God gives me peace as I give my fears to Him.

4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

Arguing with people is a complete waste of time. Nobody ever benefits from it. The Bible tells us to speak the truth in love. It also says a soft answer turns away wrath. If you don't add fuel (or wood) to the fire it goes out. So I think those are good things to remember! (:>)

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

I think it would be a purple silk suit that I bought when I worked. It is several sizes too small, and I will never be able to wear it again..but it was so expensive, and I loved it so much, that I can't seem to let it go!

10 comments:

Karin said...

I'm so with you on #2. Oh, I'm not as good as all those decorators on HGTV, but I would just love to showcase homes. For quite a few years I worked in the Recreation Department at the nursing home. We had the responsibility to see that the whole 3 floors had a home-like atmosphere in all the public areas. I showed an interest in doing that and it became my job. I trained another gal with me and together we sure had fun! I miss that part of my former position, but it's still a natural for me as I walk around the building to quickly fix this little corner or that one - after it has been used and left messy. Interestingly enough it is not a housekeeping duty, they simply clean, but don't touch the decorating part of it. Such fun!

Sure agree with you about arguing being a waste of time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following me :) We have many of the same tastes in music! Yep, I would be president... for one day only :)

Unknown said...

I have all kinds of smallish suits in my closet from when I worked too! I keep thinking I may need them some day forgetting I'd have to diet to get in them. lol...

April

Tracy said...

Hi Linda! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I loved reading your answers to five question friday. I am really looking forward to following your blog!

Kristin said...

I loved reading those answers! I still have the dress I wore to my wedding shower. There's no way I'll ever fit in it either, but a girl can dream, right?! LOL! Great advice too about not arguing! Love ya!

Emily said...

Great post! I too have a fear of car accidents. My boyfriend in highschool was killed in an automobile accident. It has forever scarred me. This year as I have learned to trust in God, my fears have dwindled down and I am able to breathe a little while riding with others. :) Time heals.

Amy said...

I love your answers. Such fun to learn more about you.

Have a beautiful fall weekend, friend!
Blessings,
Amu

Lorilynne said...

Oh man, if money was no object, my house would be decorated to the nines! Whatever "to the nines" means, lol. I love decorating and painting and I'm totally addicted to those shows too. At least I used to be when I had time to watch tv.

Caroline said...

Loved your answers !! Such a neat way to learn more about each other.

Have a great weekend !!

Love ya
Caroline

Verna said...

Loved your answers!

Have a great day!