Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday




The top picture is of me, my oldest daughter Lisa, and her daughter Bailey. We took this shortly after they picked John and I up from the airport on Monday, when we returned from our Arizona trip. I loved their bright colors they were wearing that day so I asked John to take their picture...and grandma decided I should get in the picture too.

I am so thankful that they live close to us and we can always count on them to help out when we are out of town. They check on our house...especially if we are expecting a package while we are gone. (I don't want packages to be sitting on the porch while we are out of town.) It makes us feel better to know that they are here in town to check on things and in case it storms they can get in to see if our sump pump is working. Our son-in-law Brad is always willing to help us...and he is a blessing. Lisa is always glad to drop us at the airport and pick us up...and I can always call on her when I need help. They are a busy family, but they always take time for us.

Bailey is soon to be 18 and she mows our yard for us. She mowed once while we were gone and a couple of days after we returned. Grandpa pays her and he is glad to not have to work so hard. He does go out and weed whack while she mows sometimes, but in the hot summer months it is too much for him to do it all. Bailey does a great job! She enjoys being outside, and likes to get some exercise...as well as pick up some extra spending money! (:>)

Today is Thankful Thursday so I thought I would say that I am thankful for the Beets family who are great blessings to our lives. Thanks Brad, Lisa and Bailey!

7 comments:

Aspiemom said...

It was nice to hear about another part of your wonderful family. I'm so glad that they are such a help to you. I'm sure they are a comfort.

Aspiemom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Petras said...

Linda, it's great when friends and family are willing to help out. I just wish we had the opportunity to meet in person when you were in AZ. Oh well, next time ...

Karin said...

It's so great to be around people who are thankful! God bless!

Kristin said...

That's great that you all live so close and can see each other and help each other out like that. :)

Deanna said...

Howdy Linda!
Thankful Thursday to you. You have a lovely Family!!!
You are so Blessed.

Have a super week-end,
d

Caroline said...

So nice to hear about more of your wonderful family. Nice they are close too. I just love thankful people and I think your xtra special too.

Caroline :)