Saturday, September 18, 2010

Six Word Saturday: Friendship Is A Gift From God!




Friendship is a gift from God! These are my six words today.
We are so very thankful for our 30 year friendship with Max... who went to be with Jesus recently. We will miss his dark twinkling eyes, and his wonderful smile and great sense of humor. He had a zest for life!

We enjoyed vacationing with he and his wife Toni and have done a lot of fun things together over the years. And we also love his daughters Julie and Kerri and their husbands Jason and Bob...and his little grandson Ethan! They feel like part of our family.

These kinds of friendships seem few-and-far between, and we will always treasure the years we enjoyed with Max and his family. We will continue to be a part of his family's lives and we will meet up with him in heaven before too long.

Friendship is indeed a gift from God and we are thankful. We love you Max!

Proverbs 18:23b "...a real friend sticks closer than a brother" NLT

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Such true six words Linda. I have some friends that at different times in my life are almost like family. I don't know what I would do without them.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm sure he will be greatly missed but the one thing is you will see him in heaven again. I pray for you as you travel this week that you have a safe trip. I also pray that you have a wonderful visit.

Keeping you in my thoughts. Wonderful verse too.

Caroline

Holly said...

(((((hug)))))

Toyin O. said...

May he rest in peace. Great friends are from God.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Kerri said...

Thank you Linda

Jeanie said...

It is so hard to lose a friend. A great six words today and a wonderful tribute to your friend.

Kristin said...

That was beautiful, Momma Linda. There truly is no greater gifts from God than beautiful friendships and family! Relationships are what life is all about and I am so thankful that relationships are one of the few things we actually get to take with us to Heaven!

java girl said...

Linda,

I am sorry for your loss. And thankful that you and your families had such a wonderful friendship.

The Vampire Diaries dvd said...

friendship is the most fantasy thing

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for you momma... and dad and Toni and the girls. I love you.

Karin said...

May the comfort of God's Holy Spirit surround you as you go through this time of grief at the passing on of your dear family friend. Special friends are truly closer than a brother!