Friday, September 10, 2010

Five Question Friday



Rules for Five Question Friday: Same as always!! Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back and link up (on Friday!). If you don't have a blog, but wanna play along with the coolest blog hop in town, feel free to leave your answers in the comments below!

Questions for Friday, September 10th: (Special thanks to Minivan Mommy, Chrissy, Lily, Lil' Momma, and [inspiration] from Sandy for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?

2. How well do you know your neighbors?

3. What age are you looking forward to being?

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?

Not as much as when my three girls were living at home. I always tried to put their needs first...and didn't like to spend money on myself. But now with just the two of us we both do a pretty good job of buying what we want and need...and not feeling guilty!

2. How well do you know your neighbors?

We live in a new housing area and there is no house to the south of us...but I have to confess we only know a couple of neighbors and not very well. I think all of them work...and we hardly ever see anyone outside these days.

3. What age are you looking forward to being?

I just turned 60...so I can say that I am just looking forward to having each and every birthday from this point on....because if I don't that means I have passed on! ha!

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?

I still look forward to seeing what's in the mail. And I always love to get a card or letter from a friend or family member.

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

I have memories of my crib...and being in it! But that's only because they used to call them 5 yr. cribs....and you continued to use it as a bed when you just left the side rails down. Ha! I think I slept in that until I was about 3 and then my brother was born and he was in it after he left the bassinet. It was a white wrought iron crib.

And another memory is at age 4...going to the Pomona fair in Southern California, with my mom and her friend Doris Day. (Not the actress) We drove through some hills to get there and we stopped at a quaint little cafe and had pie and chocolate milk, and then went on to the fair. It was a fun day for me.

And when I was 5 I was chosen to be the "Nap Fairy". When the teacher gently tapped me with the the silver star wand and let me be the one who went around tapping everyone else one by one who was resting well, so they could get up from their nap.

So those are some memories from when I was 3,4,and 5. Can't wait to read yours!



**************************************************************************
Today is Six Words Saturday...and my six words are:

Remember 911 And Pray For America

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Awww....that was a fun post! I might have to do that on my blog today :)

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!! Your butterfly photo is beautiful! :)

Kathy said...

Linda, I enjoyed your answers to those 5 questions, especially the childhood memories. Have a great weekend:)

Mama M. said...

Hi Linda!! I had to chuckle at your "age" answer...I LOVED it!

Aren't those kindergarten memories the best? Sigh...sometimes, I wish someone would make lay down and take a nap, then tap me on the shoulder with a silver star wand to wake me up! ;)

Have a great weekend!

Adi said...

M u i e la iehovisti, mormoni si atei!

Holly said...

Huh! I like the idea of a nap fairy!!! lol