Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Oldest Grandson Turned 20 Today




Twenty years ago today I became a grandma for the first time. I was blessed with a little grandson named Jared Kyle...and I was on cloud nine! I had three daughters but no sons, so I was so excited to discover what it was like to have a baby boy around.

I was such a crazy grandma....crazy in love that is! I wanted to be with that baby ALL the time. It was so much fun to experience all of the "firsts" in his life. First time I saw him smile, first time I saw him roll over, first time I saw that he could sit up, first time he could move around in his walker, first time he discovered he could crawl...and those first steps etc. It was all WONDERFUL!

I lived for the moment he could say "Grandma". Those were words that thrilled my very soul. Jared was such a good baby. He was a joy to babysit, and I enjoyed each time I got to be with him.

As he turned into a toddler and then a little boy, the fun just got bigger too. I loved playing with him...and watching him explore life. He could memorize scripture and do little actions as he recited. He would copy the dancing that Dick Van Dyke did in Mary Poppins...and he would always be role playing like he was Hook or Peter Pan, or one of the characters in Muppet Treasure Island.

He always enjoyed music, and for his 7th birthday I bought him his first soundtrack...and soon he started collecting scores and soundtracks, and now he has too many to count.

Jared plays the piano beautifully and has had many lessons and recitals and performances over the years. Now he is the teacher and he enjoys helping children learn to enjoy piano.

Jared is also a composer...and it is his passion. He would love to compose movie scores. He has met Brian Tyler and has had contact with other composers and some of them have critiqued his work. He is very good....and I believe he will realize his dream someday soon. He has many completed projects under his belt already, and is building quite a resume.(Click on his name and enter his site to see what he does and sample his work.)

One of the best things about my grandson is his great love for the Lord. He accepted Christ at a very young age, and he has followed him faithfully, and grown so close to his Savior. He has a heart for others and a burden to see people come to the Lord. And he loves people just as they are... and does not judge people. He knows that God sees the heart and does not look on the outward appearance.

Jared has gone through great trials for a young man. He has lost two baby brothers and also his 6 year old sister. He and his family have moved from the depths of pain and sorry, to peace, and great joy, through their constant faith in God.

I know I sound like I am bragging...but I am just feeling so blessed to have this fine young man for a grandson. It is exciting to see how God is working in his life and how he is following God's lead. He has a special lady in his life, and she is musically gifted too. I can't wait to see how they will make beautiful music together...and how they will serve the Lord with the talents and gifts that God has given them.

I am praying for God's direction, and of course for His blessing in Jared's life.

So Happy 20th Birthday Jared Kyle! I love you so much!




15 comments:

Kristin said...

I loved this post, Momma Linda! You have every right to be so proud of Jared. He sounds like such a wonderful person and I am sure that God will use him to do wonderful things. I wish him success and happiness!

Caroline said...

What a beautiful post. He sounds like a wonderful person. It's so great to hear of a young one that loves the Lord so well. You should be very proud of him. I only have one son here on earth. The rest are girls. Alot of times it feels like I brag on him. I can see a lot of great things that the Lord has in store for Jared.
Happy Birthday Jared.

Caroline

Unknown said...

What a sweet blog post Mom. I think we've been very, abundantly, totally, completely blessed by Jared. :)

It was so much fun with you today. Thanks for coming. :)

Love you so much.
Lynnette

Rebecca Nelson said...

What a dark and handsome guy! I know you are so proud.

Want to know what comes to my mind?

"Train up a child in the way that he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it"...

God is good.

Love to you~

Rebecca

java girl said...

Linda,

I'll bet that you are a WONDERFUL grandma to have too!!

I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

Smiles,

Ashley DeLen

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to Jared

And Happy Belated Grandparents Day to you!

Aspiemom said...

Should I say "Happy Grandparents Birthday" to you?

Jared is a great guy and I can see how you're so proud of him. I think all of Lynnette's kids seem like terrific ones.

Jenilee said...

that is a wonderful post! what a great grandma you are! :) enjoyed hearing your heart in this post :)

Muthering Heights said...

He sounds like a wonderful grandson. Happy birthday to him! :)

Veronica said...

Your pride for Jared shows so much in this post! He sounds like a very special young man. You are a big blessing in his life too!

Happy belated birthday to Jared!

Verna said...

You have every right to be proud and happy. Jared has been taught well, and knowing that part of that teaching also comes from grandparents You and Lynette, along with your spouses have taught him well.
He told me personally in a note on face book "Thanks Verna! It was an awesome day" when I wished him Happy Birthday and to have a great day.
You are a blessing not only to him and the rest of your grandchildren, but to us as your blogging friends.
Keep up the good work in teaching those around you how to Love the Lord and let it show in everything you do.

We love you!! "Huggs)"!!!!!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful post.
Happy Birthday Jared!!

java girl said...

Linda...

You are always so sweet!!!

I have some photos up now... Have a good evening!!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

PS: My granddaughter thinks your grandson looks like one of the Jonas Brothers! :) :) :) She is CRAZY over them and she is 7!

ahhahahha

Love to you~

Rebecca

Linda said...

Rebecca...that's true..Jared does look like he could be one of the Jonas brothers! And the funny thing is...he has a little brother named...Jonas! Ha!