Thursday, May 7, 2009

God Protected My Granddaughters!



This is an older picture of my granddaughters. I don't have many on this computer. Remember, these are the girlies (from one of my other posts) that like to play in my Victorian room. They are so very precious to me.


Yesterday there was a bus crash in Valley Center, and two of my little granddaughters,..Julia 10, and Adelynn 9, were on that bus. My daughter called to tell me that they were ok so that I wouldn't freak out if I heard it on the news.

Yes, there were my two girlies on the news with their mama standing behind them, and sweet little Adelynn was being interviewed by the news reporter. Julia was just standing there with tears running down, and both of them were visibly shook up. My poor babies!

Adelynn did such a good job of describing her feelings as she said she saw the bus heading into a crash,...and that it scared her! Later she was asked what she did and she said she grabbed her backpack and tried to get off of the bus.

Both she and Julia had the common sense to borrow someone's cell phone and call their mommy. But my daughter said that she couldn't understand Julia because she was so upset, so Adelynn took the phone and told her mama all about it, and my daughter headed right there..

These poor little girls were in the seat just behind the bus driver, and they said that the bus driver passed out and the bus went into the ditch and into some trees.

There was an eye witness who was an older man and he and some other people stopped to help and he said that the main problem was that the "kids were in shock". That would be hard on a bunch of little children to face that without the security of their parents.

I heard that 5 kids went to the hospital and only one stayed overnight. The bus driver was also taken to the hospital. He was an elderly man and might have had a medical issue. It is uncertain as of yet. They at first said that he had a blow out which might have caused the accident. But my girlies said he made a noise and then his head was flopping.

I spoke with Adelynn and she said she doesn't want to ever ride a bus again,...but I think she had to get back on one this morning to go to school. My husband and I were praying for them. We always pray for our kids, their mates, and all of our grandkids. We pray for protection everyday. We feel like God did hear our prayers and He did indeed protect them. We give Him the glory and the praise today for watching over them yesterday,...and everyday.

Linda... May 2009

10 comments:

Deanna said...

Praise God they were not seriously hurt!

This morning as I was checking my email, my son in St. Louis had sent pictures of his car parked outside of his house that was ran into. So thankful he wasn't in the car.

Over the noon hour, my husband phoned and said our daughter was riding in a shuttle bus and the driver backed into a car. She's shook up.

Gotta keep praying for all of our love ones.

I'm so glad that your sweet Grand daughters are safe now. They are blessed to have a Grandma like you!

Have a Blessed Mother's Day this Sunday.

~Deanna~

HappyascanB said...

How scary for your precious girls. I'm thankful they were together! Even more thankful they're both safe!!!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness Linda! Praise God that he answered your prayers and kept them safe! What precious little girls. I just said a prayer that God will keep this experience from causing them any anxiety in the future. I am so glad that everyone was okay.

Unknown said...

Poor Julia and Adelynn, and Lonna. I watched the news and hopped around but didn't see anything. I think they had it on right at the beginning and I missed it.

I'm so glad that they weren't hurt. It must have been so traumatic for them.

Love,
Lynnette

Veronica said...

Linda,
I am so glad to hear that your granddaughters are alright. What a scary experience. I am so glad we serve a mighty God who loves us so much and answers our prayers!

WhiteStone said...

Oh, My! Your family must be very grateful today and we are grateful right along with you. God is good. May he heal all the children who were injured, heal them quickly and well.

Diane Shiffer said...

oh my gracious.. what a dreadful experience for you two little girlies to have to go through. i am so glad that they are ok, in body at least... and i'll be praying that the trauma of the event won't leave with any lingering fears♥

Aspiemom said...

I'm so glad they they are okay! That would definitely be very scarey for all concerned!

Jennifer said...

Praising the Lord that they were okay...and that they recover "emotionally" as well quickly. Hope their driver is doing okay....what a miracle everyone is alright!

Patty Wysong said...

oh wow! Thank God they're safe! He's so good!! They sound like very brave little girls.
Hugs!