Friday, September 25, 2009

Frustration

Why did I add a buffalo picture to my post today? Well I think this old buffalo was frustrated as we all slowed down and took pictures of him as he was walking down the road. I think he was just trying to get where he was going! That's how I felt when I was having trouble with my computer,...I just wanted it to work so that I could get where I was wanting to go! It was such a FRUSTRATION!!! But I did have fun writing this poem, and it kind of helped me to put it all into perspective!


Frustration

As I sit at my computer I cannot find a connection
And it is a source of anger and it brings to me frustration

How can I read my email, or check Facebook, or my blog
When this stupid old computer sits here like a sleeping dog!

I’ve tried everything I know of to get this old dog on its feet
But I haven’t found the answer, so I’m ending in defeat

I guess I’m writing this here poem to vent, and simply bide my time
Till my hubby can wake up and get his honey back online

Connectivity is low!… It kept saying as I clicked
So I gave up in frustration, guess I know when I am licked

Do other people have this problem? Or is it only me?
I wish I knew the answers, and could find what the problem be!

But I’m kinda having fun putting my frustration into words
It’s a therapy of sorts,…cuz I’m no computer nerd

I could really use the “Geek Squad”, if I had the 80 bucks
I won’t see that little beetle bug and to that I just say,…shucks!

It wasn’t very long ago that I didn’t have this laptop
But now that I am into it I find that I can’t stop

Can’t stop clicking, can’t stop scrolling, can’t stop typing, reading, rolling
Someone help me, I’m addicted!….. (Hey this poem is really growing)

Ok, I will stop now,… I really need to get a grip
I will stop my whining and complaining and have a stiff upper lip

Thanks for listening to my story,… it helped me just to vent
Vent about all my frustration,…and about how my morning went

You should try this kind of therapy next time you feel frustration
Either that or to the funny farm,…I’ll meet you at the station! (:>)

Linda Hogeland September 2009

13 comments:

Samantha said...

You are so talented, love the poem.
~ Blessings to you dear Linda !

He & Me + 3 said...

That was so great. I hope your laptop and computer problems are over soon.

Melissa Irwin said...

HI Linda. I so enjoyed visiting your blog. And what a cool Buffalo!

Thank you for encouraging me at Jasper Walls!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, Linda, that had me laughing out loud! Even in your frustration, you bring a smile to all of our faces! Love ya!!

Have a great weekend!!

Our7isheaven said...

:D your post was wonderful! As has been said, even in frustration you made us smile :) Hope you get your computer problem fixed.

Paula

Yvonne Blake said...

funny poem... I can relate!

I find writing a very good therapy!

jamers said...

I enjoyed! :) I miss our Wednesday walk time but am glad I still get to keep up with your blog. Grins!

Caroline said...

Just love that post. You aren't alone I have been having Laptop problems & when I get time to get on here my wireless goes out. I have been getting so upset. Hope things get better for you.{{HUGS}}
Caroline :)

Unknown said...

Love that little poem! It always seems like something doesn't work right when I want to do something really bad! We lose connection all the time!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love your cute poem! You so make me smile girl!!! You are adorable...even when you're frustrated!!

Unknown said...

I just read this to Abigail and she thought it was funny too - had me laughing all over again.

You're too funny. I'll have to try that next time I get frustrated. I could become a pro REAL FAST! ha!
Love ya.
Lynnette
PS Thanks for the yummy dinner last night. I appreciate the effort (and I'm sorry you got a backache).

Veronica said...

Linda, this poem made me LOL! You are so talented...you can write a poem about anything!

So sorry to hear that your computer was acting up. I can totally relate to your frustration. I was just there not long ago. Hope things are better now!

Holly said...

My computer frustrates me too sometimes so I like your poem!! lol