Monday, September 21, 2009

Meet Him in the Morning

The Riggs Family Blog
is hosting a blog hop and you are supposed to say why someone should read and follow your blog. I thought I would join in today and say that I would hope that when people read my blog they would be encouraged in the Lord.

Sometimes I write poetry, and other times I share things about my family and how God has helped us. Like when my middle daughter lost 3 of her children, and how God helped us and comforted us so that we could help to comfort others.

Other times I just write about the joys of life and how much I enjoy them with my dear husband, family, friends, and church friends.
Blogging can be a ministry and a place to find people who need love, care, and prayers.

Join in today by clicking on The Riggs Family Blog above to link your post if you have something positive to share.






Meet Him in the Morning

As I rise and greet the morning, there is stillness in the air
Sounds of silence all around me, before the day is filled with care

In those quiet, gentle moments, I feel God’s presence, and His call
As He lifts the veil of darkness, I before Him bow in awe

It’s as though there is no other in this vast, still, quiet place
Only me and my dear Savior, as I meet Him face to face

“Hear my words” He sweetly prompts me, so I turn to Psalms and read
There’s a beauty in each stanza, I pray the words, and on them feed

What a way to start my morning, I wish I did this everyday
Greeting Him, I let Him lead me, feeling prompted, I then pray

Oh the closeness and the splendor, oh the love I feel Him give
“Come with me, my dear daughter and I will teach you how to live”

In the night He gives us slumber, yes He gives His beloved sleep
But in the morning, oh the riches He will share when Him we greet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why do we rise and hurry through the rituals of our same routine?
Why don’t we stop and see the Savior, meet with Him, and riches glean?

No better time than in the morning, before the hassles of our day
I urge you to embrace Him early, let Him speak, and to Him pray

Then go on to make the coffee, have your breakfast, watch the news
Wash your face, or take your shower, don your clothes, and tie your shoes

But don’t miss out on special blessings that the quiet morning brings
Unwrap them, and be thankful for them, they will cause your heart to sing

I promise that you won’t be sorry that you spent that time with Him
Meet Him in the Morning and you’ll want to do it... time and time, and time again!

Linda Hogeland ~~~ September 2009

15 comments:

Verna said...

Linda, you are so gifted. Thank you for sharing.

Love the poem and photos.

Have a great day!

Karin said...

Very well said! Thanks for this beautiful poem!

Mom Putnam said...

If you have the time email me and I would like to give you my number so I can talk with you. Thanks
Linda (Hollys mom)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love the quiet mornings Beautiful.

Jamimania said...

Beautiful! I am always blessed when I meet Him in the morning. :) Thanks for the reminder, I need to work harder at this. :) Bless you my friend!

Deanna said...

Dear Linda,
This is a awesomely beautiful poem!
Beautiful writing. Very well put.

You are one sweet person that God has blessed with the ability of writing poetry. Perhaps you sing songs you've written as well?

Linda, Autumn is here and I have purposed in my heart to have slow down time even when there's so much to do.

So nice to visit you today.
God Bless,
d from homehaven

Aspiemom said...

Do you talk like this, too? I imagine it just flowing out of you when you open your mouth.

Beautiful photo's - are they yours?

Kristin said...

Love it, Linda!! What a beautiful poem!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

a beautiful poem.....blessings

September said...

Linda,,,

I was blessed by the title of your blog post today,, even before I visited and was able to read your special poem.
Thank you for such timely words.
It is a good reminder after writing my homeschool thoughts today.
Your words always do bless me.

On another note,., thank you for writing when Sarah was having difficulties with her surgery.
Your note to me reassured me that she was within normal ranges for healing.
Her galbladder - too- was also, grown into her liver, and thus, more complications during the surgery.
I just found it so very thoughtful of you to take the time to write and share with me your own personal experience, and to care enough to ask about Sarah.
Thank you so very much!

Unknown said...

What a great poem post! Thanks for the reminder and encouragement!

Sarah Robbins said...

What a lovely poem. I always enjoy the way you say things, and savor them. Your picture with Lynette was too sweet on her post, as well. Have I mentioned (lately/again) how jealous I am of her family to be related to you?! :)

Caroline said...

What a lovely poem & it made me think of my Dad. He loved to get up early in the morning and enjoy his coffee and time w/ God. We lived in the country and it was peaceful. His favorite song was In The Garden and God took him home at 6am in the morning 23 yrs ago. Thanx for sharing that & the wonderful comment on my blog. {{HUGS}} Great pics too.
Caroline

Jenilee said...

that was beautiful. the pictures are perfect to go with the words. thank you for posting it!

Amy said...

I am so glad to have you as a blogging friend.
Blessings,
Amy