Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July Fun!




We had a great fourth of July! First my hubby grilled steaks for 19 of us on his new grill... bless his heart! I fixed oven roasted potatoes, and cheese bread, and tossed together a green salad. I also made a whipped strawberry salad, and cut up some watermelon, and daughter Lisa fixed some wonderful baked beans and brought them. For deserts I made shortbread, and a chocolate cake and my daughter Lynnette brought a fruit crisp. So we had lots to eat!!! And lemonade, iced tea, and water to drink.

After dinner Lynnette and some of the kids ran down the street to Starbucks to get coffee! (Well they actually took a vehicle...but it is close enough to walk to if ya wanted some exercise!)

We also celebrated a couple of birthdays while we were all together....Grandson Silas turned 10 and Granddaughter Julia turned 13.

Before dark, Grandpa let the kids shoot off the firecrackers and the parachutes and other things that popped! Then after dark they shot off all of the pretty fireworks, and did the sparklers. Oh my goodness the whole neighborhood did fireworks...they were all around us.

I think pretty much everyone got into the act lighting them and enjoying them! Except me...cuz Grandma Linda doesn't like the booms! But I watched from the house, and also from the deck. And a couple of times I did try to go outside for awhile...but it's just not my thing. My heart jumps too much if I don't plug my ears! (One year I actually bought ear plugs and that helped...but I still "felt" the booms!) Ha!

Lynnette took all of these pictures as the fun was going on. I intended to take some pictures too...but my camera wasn't charged. So thank you Lynnette for capturing the memories! Those of you who follow her blog have already seen these pictures that I borrowed from her. (:>)

I hope that each of you enjoyed your July 4th celebrations and family times! God bless all of you bloggy friends...and God Bless America!






Outside fun!





















Inside fun!








http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif


I think we were all tuckered out...but it was worth it...and we enjoyed every minute!

Oh...Holley Girth had a wonderful post today. Please click here and visit her today!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

It does sound like you all had a great holiday! I'm jealous that you have a Starbucks within walking distance. The closest one to me is about 15-20 mins. away :( Ha!

Jeanie said...

Wow, steaks for 19....that is a lot of cooking. Your food sounded wonderful. Your daughter got some great pictures. I like "borrowing" pictures from my daughter's blog also.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh Linda! What fun you all had! Our 4th was actually a bit quiet this year although we had a lot of fun with family! Our trip to Nebraska and Kansas was so much fun! I know right where Alma is! It was HOT!

Love to you and your lovely family!

xoRebecca

Caroline said...

What a great 4th of July !!!
Lots of fun and good times and wonderful memories made. We have a Starbucks close that you can walk to.

Take care & Love always

Anonymous said...

It appears you have a most "booming" 4th of July...loved the picture story....all smiles and surely treasure for tomorrow!

Unknown said...

It was a great time Momma. Thanks for your loving hospitality. :)
Nettie

Lisa said...

Sounds much like ours...we only had 20 because some of the kids were at camp.

Love the crowds. Great pictures!