Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Blog Award...and Six Word Saturday


Valencia Gave Me A Blog Award!...

These are my six words for "Six Word Saturday".



Valencia is such a lovely Christian wife and mother. Click on her name and visit her blog and you will be encouraged and blessed. I want to thank her for reading my blog and for always leaving nice comments on my posts...and for passing this award on to me.


She received this award, then shared several things in her life that make her happy...and then she listed some of her favorite blogs and passed the award on to us. I will attempt to do the same...so here goes.

Things that make me happy:

(1) My Husband does so many wonderful things for me, and I don't know what I would do without him. Being his wife makes me happy!

(2)Being a mother to my three beautiful daughters has always made me happy.

(3)Being a grandma to my 11 grandkids and also the 3 in heaven makes me happy.

(4)Being a daughter of the King makes me thankful and happy. I don't deserve such a wonderful Lord...but He loves me, and His mercies are new every morning.

(5)My friends make me happy. And being a friend to them makes me happy.

(6)My home makes me happy. It is such a cozy place for me and my husband to live.

(7)Watching good movies makes me happy. Especially Hallmark movies!

(8)Reading a good book makes me happy.

(9)Going to the library makes me happy.

(10)Listening to beautiful music makes me happy.

(11)Watching the ocean makes me happy.

(12)Watching a sunrise and a sunset makes me happy.

(13)Writing poems makes me happy.

(14)Reading blogs makes me happy, and sharing joys and sorrows with my blog friends.

(15)Praying for others makes me happy...and seeing how God answers prayers.


Some of my favorite blogs that make me happy and deserve this award are: (Click on their names)

Kristin

Veronica

Deanna

Lynnette

Abigail

Visit them when you get a chance. I would like these 5 blogs and any of my other blog friends to accept this award if they would like...because as I said...you all make me happy!!!!

And if you want to share in the Six Words Saturday click on that button and link up. Just share a post with six words that describe what's happening in your life today.

15 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey , Congrats on the award and I love your list. I also enjoy those Hallmark movies. Thanx for sharing and Happy 6WS
Caroline

Holly said...

I am happy that I am going to go to bed soon! lol I'm tired! :)

Kristin said...

Awwwww, thank you Momma Linda for sharing this award with me :) I loved reading about all the things that make you happy! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!

Veronica said...

Thanks so much Mama! I'm so thankful to have you in my life! It was fun reading your list! There are so many things to be thankful for and smile about!

Love ya!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love that Veronica calls you mama. So sweet. Congats on your award. YOu deserve it you are so sweet.

Deanna said...

Congrats to you Dear Lady for the well deserved Award!

The things that make you HAPPY are
great and I can relate to you big time. Enjoyed learning more about you.

And Thank you for sharing this sweet award with me!!!!!
d from homehaven

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! Reading your blog makes me happy!

Jeanie said...

Congratulations on the award. I like this one because I think it always a good thing to spent a few moments thinking about those things that bring happiness to our lives.

Unknown said...

For me? Really? Ah shucks. (Humbly lowering my head)

Well, as you know - you are one of my favorite blogs too! Even if you weren't my momma I would enjoy your posts.

I love you my sweet momma.
Nettie

Lindy said...

Thanks for stopping by dear fellow Kansan! Congrats on your award and your happy list made me happy too! You have a lovely blog.

Gamma Sharon said...

Cangrats on getting that wonderful Award and thanks so much for visiting me and commenting. I think I can identify with almost all of your things that make you happy.
I'm a follower.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

You are such a blessing Linda...congrats on your award. Lovely blog friends like you make me happy, too!

Have a great day!

Call Me Cate said...

Congrats on your award! And thanks for playing 6WS - it makes me happy.

Caitlin said...

What a sweet list!

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog via Getting to Know You! :)

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

Linda,
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I have loved reading how God has worked in Lynnette's life. He truly has turned her mourning into dancing.

Many blessings,
Allison